Hey there fellow reefers

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by fishfinatic, Aug 20, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fishfinatic

fishfinatic Plankton

Hi there everyone. I was in the hobby for about 6 months with a 35 gallon reef tank but constant problems with it forced me to sell. But after about another 6 months the hobby just kept calling to me so I ended up purchasing a 40 breeder. After about 3 months of running that tank it sprang a leak and so I ended up replacing it with 65 gallon tank, at that moment if I known what that upgrade was going to do I'd have probably never done it(just kidding) about another 2 months with that tank and I now had the itch to go even bigger I cruised the local classified and found a rimless 120 gallon cube for 150$ and I have never looked back. The tank is currently stocked with a variety of fish and is doing great. Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

DSC reef likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. SantaMonica

SantaMonica Fire Shrimp

Another late welcome :)

150 for a 120 cube (with stand, looks like). Wow.

DSC reef and fishfinatic like this.
  4. fishfinatic

fishfinatic Plankton

Hi there. Thanks. I built the stand for it my self. It was just the 120 rimless cube for 150$ but in my opinion it was a steal. It was drilled too. Have now had it running for awhile and it's doing very well. Upgrades to the system will be coming soon. Again thanks.

DSC reef likes this.
  5. SantaMonica

SantaMonica Fire Shrimp

Nice cabinet then, and basically free :)

fishfinatic likes this.
  6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Good score and welcome back. Nice job on the stand as well. This hobby is full of set backs but perseverance pays off in the end. Thats a really nice setup.

7. fishfinatic

fishfinatic Plankton

Thanks. Good to be back. Missed it a lot which is obviously why I'm back lol. Thanks I wood work a lot so I thought I'd make the stand as this is a odd size tank and having one built would cost a fortune. I love this system. I couldn't accommodate a 6ft 125 like I wanted as it would also cost more for lighting so I found this 30 inch on all sides cube which is perfect.

DSC reef likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. fishfinatic

fishfinatic Plankton

As well as now that I'm back and more serious about the hobby I have invested in a permanent qt system which has worked wonders for me.

Attached Files:

DSC reef and Swisswiss like this.
  10. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

Welcome tanks looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSC reef likes this.
  11. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Nice QT setup. Thats something I've never done in the years of reef keeping. Me and my wife typically buy from only one supplier so that helps but it's a good idea to QT nonetheless. If we set up holding tanks they would probably turn into full blown reef tanks in a year, lol.

Lovemyreef2015 likes this.
  12. SantaMonicaHelp

SantaMonicaHelp Astrea Snail

Hi Fishffinatic,

Welcome back to hobby !
    I think you are very happy now :)
    What fish do you have?

Zhenya