Help! My rocks are floating!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by Mrsborch, Dec 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. swank1234

swank1234 Astrea Snail

sorry but it will not work.

I would stop drilling the the rock now... Featherlite rock is also known as pumice rock almost the same thing as a pumice stone you use for cosmetics. They naturally are filled with thousands of tiny pockets of gas. Honestly I would only suggest using a glue to attach it to the bottom of the aquarium (clearly the aquarium has to be empty to do it.) or if your willing to use other types of none lava rocks, you could use aquarium safe adhesive to attach it to another rock to force it to sink.

2. Click Here!

3. SWED120

SWED120 Plankton

what your featherlight volcanic rock would be is not rock at all and it is just some decrotive rock with a density lower than water, therefore it will never sink. but you could try getting a bucket of hot water and soaking it in that. 1st it will pull any colors or die in the rock also if it is real it will allow the hot water to get into the rock much easier than colder water will.

4. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

I would just make the tank look reversed & glue a couple rocks together in a cool form. Like its hanging in a cave. That would flip people out.