help correctly setting up my rio nano skimmer

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by chelseagrin, Mar 7, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

Hey guys i purchased this a while back and it has been on my 7 gallon nano tank for a few weeks. the thing came with barely any instructions so i just had to wing it off of what i had and what i saw online. and it does not seem to be working at all, at this point it is simply acting like a filter, the bag of carbon in the middle chamber is the only benefit of running it as it does not skim anything, there are no bubbles whatsoever and i cant think of any adjustments i could make to fix that.

if any of you own or have owned one of these and know what i can do to get this thing working properly that would be awesome!

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

I had one some time ago, and IMOPE, it was junk; difficult to keep adjusted, and the motor fried in only 3 months. As always, you get what you pay for.

That said, the outlined stem is your air adjustment. If it's pushed down, then the air is off. If that's not the problem, then it may be blocked, or not sealed properly inside the tube.

[​IMG]

Also, to work properly, you should not have anything in the middle chamber as that's your reaction chamber. Chemical media should be placed in the return chamber.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014