Gurgling/popping marineland 90

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by 2manycars, Aug 9, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2manycars

2manycars Astrea Snail

I have a new 90 gallon tank with a corner flow. I have done everything I can think of to quiet it down. I replaced the sock, shortened the hose-it now runs directly down to my RS-100 sump. I have fiddled with the pipes and added some foam around the holes. It seems that the holes are too close to the surface and they draw in water as well as air. Lowering the pipe also lowers the water level in the overflow, so it doesn't really accomplish anything.

Id love to get the water to flow smoothly if that is possible.

I am new to the hobby, but have already spent much too much money, and hope this tank will serve me better than the 56 gallon I had with the Fluval G6 Cannister filter-It ran very quietly but my nitrates seemed to be growing.

2. Click Here!

3. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

4. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

That would be my suggestion as well, but I think the OP already has one IIRC. I really think your return pump needs to be throttled down as your drain is not keeping up it sounds like. And I would do reverse durso(s) for your drain(s) into the sump. Doing both should make it nearly silent.