Goodbye All

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Ryan Duchatel, Jun 16, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

Dear friends,

I havent posted on here for a very long time. Long story short, I got sick, got buried in with university study and my tank suffered.

I started doing less frequent water changes and maintenance became a chore. Because of this I have made the logical move and took the tank down. This occurred yesterday. Trying to follow some sort of decent husbandry practices I refused to give any of my stuff to an LFS, but found a friend with many different systems to agree to take all my coral, fish, amen ones, and inverts :). So as of yesterday they were all successfully re-homed into a variety of his different systems. I think its for the best they are at a place they will get the required care and of more importance; attention.

I can't say how great this experience has been for me and it definitely wont be my last venture into reefing. When I finish uni and get my own place I will straight back into it :).

Its definitely been an up and down journey. Some of my highlights included watching the first time my clowns housed an anemone, and just sitting back and watching the tank in full flight. Its given me many hours of relaxing peace.

Thank you to all the great people on this forum who helped me start the tank, watched it grow, watched it fade, helped it come back and saw it thrive :). Without this forum I would not have been 1% as successful as I have been. I look forward to speaking to you all again in my next adventure into reefing.

Goodbye and Goodnight!

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Take care Ryan, you'll wander this way again if the time is right. I am so glad you enjoyed the hobby until life got in the way, it just happens that way sometimes.

Good luck with school.

4. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

Just because you took your tank down does not mean you can't come by and visit. Hope to see you again soon.