fluval 2 gallon daddy daughter build

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by mikekx65, Jun 28, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikekx65

mikekx65 Skunk Shrimp

Well I hope this is in the right section if not sorry. Well I was at pet smart the other day was browsing the clearance sections like always and I came across this 2 gallon setup for $25 bucks. I figured id get it and if anything I'd put it up for later use or sell it. Well that didn't happen I couldn't resist not doing anything with it so I decided it could be a daddy daughter project for me and my 3 year old. I had a few ideas on what I could do with it and ultimately decided on doing a freshwater setup. I've always liked the look of underwater plants and I wanted it to be low maintenance and inexpensive. So me and her washed some sand and got it filled with rodi water. Tomorrow I'm going to take her to pick out a fish or 2 and I'm going to pick out a plant or 2 for it. So has anyone else done a tsnk like this with their son or daughter?

Attached Files:

zesty and Billme like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. OPForest

OPForest Fire Worm

I like the idea. My daughter loves fish.

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

5. FeedYourMachine

FeedYourMachine Feather Duster

Very cool,all my kids love the tanks.
    My son has a 12 gallon nano in his room.
    Its a good thing to get them into.

6. mikekx65

mikekx65 Skunk Shrimp

Well this is what we ended up with. She picked out 3 neon tetras and I picked out a couple plants I thought looked cool.

Attached Files: