First corals for my mini

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by sssnake, Jul 29, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

Finally got a chance to take some pics of my mini with newly acquired corals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only pic I don't have is from my bubble-tip anemone ...... he has taken a stroll to the back of the tank. Maybe he'll come to the front in due course (I hate when that happens :mad: but have no choice)

Have the corals been placed properly? They seem to be happy.

2. Click Here!

3. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Watch out for the frogspawn, mannyhernz lost a healthy galaxea colony to a frogspawn. Those guys are ruthless. Mine takes the galaxea sting no problem.

What fish stock you planning for this beast?

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Looking Good!

5. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

I'm trying to keep the frogspawn 6 inches away from everything. The candy cane is a bit too close for comfort though but I'm afraid to move it because it seems to be doing well at the present location.

I'm considering adding a couple of clowns.

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Be careful with the sinularia soft coral(finger coral), they possess the highest toxin in the Octocoral family. Catalaphylia, Euphylia, plerogyra, many Acropora sp. and Porites have hard corals have had detrimental effects due to the toxic terpenes released by sinularia sp. Stunted growth and mortality has been shown as a result of keeping Sinualria too close to stonies and not having sufficient skimming!

7. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Hey coral_reefer, I read in a book and they nicknamed the leathers "assasins". Enough said, huh? ;D

8. Click Here!

9. ItsHardwick

ItsHardwick Plankton

agreed, we just had a finger leather almost kill of a brain in my girlfriends tank, the leather was free so we figured why not, but after that it was off to the lfs for him...