Finally a few corals in my 20nano!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by apollo'sowner, Aug 13, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

After 9 weeks of cycling I decided to get a few critters.
    Besides a few corals I got a small bi-color blenny, 3 small turbos, 2 asrea, and a tiger pistol shrimp.
    The shrimp has in 36 hours moved most of the sand around. I'm glad I placed the rock on the bottom!
    I am planning on getting a yellow watchman.
    The turbos I am probably going to have to give a friend as what little mico algea there was is gone. I haven't cleaned the glass in a few days so I don't think that there is going to be much for them to eat.
    Maybe after adding the watchman and feeding 2 fish and the shrimp some might grow. I don't think the snails will eat the macro algea, I'm not sure.
    I am wondering if 2-400 maxijet PH and an Emperor 400 is going to be enough water movement.
    I would guestimate the total output at 400+gph. [​IMG]

2-36wt 50/50s
    2-Maxi-jet 400s
    Emperor400
    (inside Emperor)
    9wt jebo UV powered by mico 80gph
    Seaclone 150
    50wt visi-therm stealth
    cooling fan over Emperor

2. Click Here!

3. apollo'sowner

I upped my watts by 36 for a total of 108 50/50 PCs. Got a few more corals. The pumping xenia I bought yesterday from the LFS for $20 and it opened up today. Got the green shrooms today for $30.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Tank looks GREAT! I am off this weekend to get some corals for the first time, and I just hope mine will end up half as good as yours. Did the macro algea do anything to the nitrates? Mine are staying at about 25ppm, and I cant get them to fall any further. And do you think it will spread like wildfire? Oh by the way, Looks Great,

Birchell

5. apollo'sowner

Thanks. I cycled the tank for about 6 weeks with a deep bed of live sand, then added 25# live rock and cycled about 3 weeks longer before adding anything. I left the lights off for this time with a UV and skimmer operating.
    I never really had any diatom problems. This is actually the first tank I haven't had any problems. I have used phospur pads continuously though but have maintained a high alk/calcium level as can be seen by the coraline coming back. Other than that basically I have gone SLOW with this tank. Also I have only done I 3gl water change during this whole time, allowing the tank to cure itself.