EuroReef G series?

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Guest, May 7, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Bought a EuroReef G series last week for my new bow and the thing hasn't done a damn thing but make a lot of noise. I haven't put much in the tank just some live rock, but thats it. Am I not getting any foam because there is no load on it yet, or did I buy a piece of sh*t skimmer?? Also, any tricks on making the venturi line not sound like a dentist office suction tool, the noise is horribly loud. Any input on EuroReef C series vs. G series, I've read that the G series is somewhat of a knock-off of the real thing, but keeps the EuroReef name. Any input would help.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I don't know the difference between the two series, but I know that EuroReef makes skimmers that people speak very highly of. I am not surprised it is not foaming much yet. Skimmers have to break in a bit and, yes, your bio-load is low. Give it time and keep adjusting it now and then.

As far as the noise goes, I thought I saw a pic recently of a Euroreef with a cylindrical piece of foam on the air intake to deal with the noise. If I can dig it up I will post it here. I would also suggest stapling pieces of dimpled bed foam in the interior of your stand. I did that and it cut down on my external pump noise a lot.

man, everybody has a new tank but me! :p
    ;D

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

The foam is on the outflow, reducing out flow noise.  It also helps reduce splashing.  As far as venturi noise, I have never been able to reduce it without reducing amount of air being sucked in.   G & C difference, dont know.

5. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

[glow=Black, 2, 80%]Perhaps they did at one time, but Euro-Reef does not have a "G" Series. They have the "C" Series, and the new "E" Series, but I can find no record on their website or any others that they ever had a "G" Series.

Sorry. [smiley=confused1.gif][/glow]

6. Trickman2

Trickman2 Bristle Worm

7. Haole_Boy

Haole_Boy Plankton

You may have some difficulty contacting ASM as they do not have a website nor have I ever been able to find a phone # for them. I myself have a ASM G-1X running on a 75 Gal tank, and so far its been working great. Cant vouche for the sound as it is usually drowned out by the water splashing into the berlin style filter sock.

8. Click Here!

9. gamma

gamma Spaghetti Worm

EuroReef and All Seas Marine (ASM) used to be together. They share the same basic design in their skimmers, but ASM modified their cup. ASM is now split from EuroReef and they now have their own line of skimmers. All other parts are supposedly the same.

10. New2Reef

New2Reef Astrea Snail

As what Gamma said...the 2 were once Euro Reef,the owners split and ASM became a seperate company,as far as comparision the skimmers are nearly identical,the tubes on ASM are an extruded pvc body to save on cost, ER uses a cell cast acrylic...ER's threaded collection cup....ASM slip fit with an o-ring...same pumps...same system...the ASM is just a lower priced but of the same effeciency. try here for help with your skimmer.
    www.globeaqua.com