Eshopps PSK 75h instructions

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by Gravet, Dec 7, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gravet

Gravet Plankton

I'm looking for a PDF version of the PSK 75h and can't seem to find them around the web. I understand the basic setup, but I'm still having a little trouble getting the water level to rise to (what I believe to be) the correct level. Thanks in advance.

2. Click Here!

3. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

In case they can't provide the instructions, I am guessing that your water level is too low, but just speculation. How far below the edge of the tank is the water? I use this exact skimmer on my JBJ 28, and I use a 100H on my 46BF. No issues with either.

4. Gravet

Gravet Plankton

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm pretty certain the issue is with the water level. The skimmer is being used in a 40 gallon sump (brute type Rubbermaid) and the sides just aren't high enough. Looks like I'll put the psk in my grow out sump (standard 30 gallon) and use a sca in the broodstock sump.

5. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

In my 28 the water level is about 2"down and does fine with that. But much more and it probably wouldn't. Glad you at just confirmed the problem.

6. Gravet

Gravet Plankton

Well...
    Finally had a chance to hook the PSk to my 30 gallon. It's setup so I can try any water level and I'm still not getting the water level in the skimmer higher than needed. The weird thing is I DID have the skimmer working at one time (on the previous brute sump) for a few hours. I walked into the fish room, turned the skimmer on and it miraculously started working. I've yet to have it work again, even with the 30 gallon.

Thoughts?

7. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Check the air tubing to make sure it is not restricted in any way. Blow into it, which can sometimes clear out minor obstructions.

8. Click Here!

9. Gravet

Gravet Plankton

Okay, figured it out.

I tried to plug the air intake numerous times as I read that will work to rise the water level. It would work, but VERY slowly and sometimes not at all. So, I was sitting down there this morning and came up with the bright idea to hold the airline, and then pour tank water into the skimmer to bring the level to the neck. I did this, let go of the airline and it held.

Maybe this will help others. Thanks for everyone input.