Eshopps Nano Skimmer Reviewed

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by reefmonkey, Mar 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

So okay. I have definitely been hacked and my account has been taken over. So far Google has been no help in recovering anything because since I don't know the exact date I last logged in and the exact date I set up the account I am being denied further assistance. Also there is no customer service support contact info on the page.

Why would some one want to steal a youtube account?

2. Click Here!

3. Barneyisme

Barneyisme Plankton

Hmm. So at initial start of it, how much should it be bubbling?

4. Barneyisme

Barneyisme Plankton

It's so loud. I'm thinking I am one of the unlucky few who got the busted impeller or wrong motor cuz it def doesn't look like any skimmer on the net lol

5. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

It bubbles quite a bit initially, as does any new skimmer. But it should not be that loud. As long as the pump is fully submerged, it should be almost silent.

6. Coffin Worm

Coffin Worm Astrea Snail

Would you recommend this skimmer for a 29 gallon, sump-less tank? I have been looking for a skimmer that doesn't take up a lot of room and this one looks perfect. Thanks.

7. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

No I wouldn't actually. This unit actually is submerged in the tank, so it will be an eye sore. And it is meant for around 10 gallon tanks. I suggest a HOB skimmer. I use an Eshopps PSK-75H on my JBJ 28 and I love it. So that is one suggestion.

Edit: To add to that, the PSK-75H has the pump on the outside of the tank. So the only things you see in the tank are the suction inlet screen, and the return. So it is barely noticeable.

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I put one on my Biocube 14, (Actual water volume is around 9.4 gallons.) I'm really happy with it overall. I agree the pump could be better and quieter. The biggest upset for me is that it doesn't fit in the first chamber of my biocube, only in the second where the water fluctuates. If I wanted to take it out of the display I'd have to either baffle it or buy an ATO, which I don't have the money for atm.

Good reveiw

10. Coffin Worm

Coffin Worm Astrea Snail

Thanks, I'll check it out.

11. Barneyisme

Barneyisme Plankton

I'm using it for my 29 gallon and it was recommended by my lfs over the HOB's because they are soooo bulky. I have yet to get it to work, they are supposed to be sending me a new impeller. Ill update once I get it going. As for the size, it fits nicely in a corner and can be hidden pretty well using live rock.

12. Barneyisme

Barneyisme Plankton

Got the replacement impeller for it yesterday and everything is working good! Definitely a nice skimmer.