Eshopps 75 microbubles problem in nano tank

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by ryanadams23, Oct 29, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ryanadams23

ryanadams23 Plankton

So since I have added a Eshopps 75 gallon Protein Skimmer to my tank. It has had thousands of micro bubbles in the tank. I have tried sponges, socks, and so much more to stop it, but couldn't figure it out. I think I found a solution, but have a question:

So my Nano Cube has a 3 section overflow box. The section that I have the skimmer in has a wave maker for filtration built-in. Whenever I leave the skimmer in there along with the wave maker turned on, it produces the bubbles (with a sock, sponge and all). However, when i turn off the wave maker (which is part of the filtration), the bubbles stop (I think because the vibration of the pump stops).

So the question is, do I have to have that wavemaker on? How will the "skimmed" water get to the rest of the system?

Thanks so much for your help.

2. Click Here!

3. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

by wave maker are you calling the return pump that? Or do you have a circulation pump in the back circulating water just in that section of the sump? it almost sounds to me like you have a water level issue with what the skimmer likes.

4. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

I also don't know what you mean by wavemaker. I have 5 Eshopps skimmers and not one of them has any microbubble problems. Now, during the break-in period (first few days, up to a week), they produce plenty of micro-bubbles. But after, nothing at all.