Engineer Goby..The killer

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Yuri Kapustin, Oct 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Yuri Kapustin

Yuri Kapustin Coral Banded Shrimp

BTW, hes the one that plucked the eyes out first and ate a lot of scales....

2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

:confused:

4. Yuri Kapustin

I am literally as we speak watching him tear the chromis to pieces. My digi-corder died so sorry for no video. I have NEVER seen an EG act like this.

5. Yuri Kapustin

6. {Nano}Reefer

and he looks like this? -

[​IMG]

7. Yuri Kapustin

He looks exactly like that. You can see a quick clear glimpse of him in the first video i linked above.

8. Click Here!

9. {Nano}Reefer

n/m saw the video, im guessing the chromi died and he was grabbing a free meal...

10. {Nano}Reefer

if he did in fact actually try to go after them i would get rid of him and get another one, maybe you got a goby that thinks he's an eel :laughing0

11. Yuri Kapustin

Okay, I know I already talked about this problem, but now my engineering goby has killed his fourth chromis. I have NO F****NG CLUE how or why he is doing this, but it seems that every night my poor green chromis go to sleep, my goby tries to get a midnight snack... There are only the chromis and the engineering goby in the tank. Unless my turbo snails are playing transformers and morphing into lionfish, I have no idea whats going on.
    In a way, I am not too mad b/c the chromis were only needed to start the cycle weeks ago.

BTW, when the goby does come out to play and swim he cares nothing at all about the chromis swimming around him.

12. {Nano}Reefer

maybe something else is in your tank you dont know about, and he is taking the blame??? that still sounds iffy.