EcoTech Radion LED In Stock!

Discussion in 'Big Al's Online' started by Big Al's Online, Dec 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I have, and it does make the fan come on more. It still runs very quietly though.

I think you're correct in the assumption that you won't need to run it at full power. It should give you the options to do just about anything you want with your tank.

2. Click Here!

3. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

24" spread sounds good, even though my cube is 30x30 I def concentrate most all my corals towards the middle with gaps on the side.

4. mcallahan

mcallahan Astrea Snail

Currently you do have to plug the radion in to your computer via a USB cable (supplied with the Radion) to program the colors.

At the moment (12-11-2011) there is NOT a MAC native program to set the colors. However, I am told EcoTech is working on it.

I use windows running on top of VMware to program my Radions.

5. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

hey Joe i think I'm wrong on the spread, have you looked at reef central? there is a whole thread on there with someone from ecotech answering questions. they are showing a graft of 30 inch spread.

there is a picture of a tank your size on that thread. the light color and coverage looks awesome!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

Hi Thomas, the light arrived super fast, thank you. its been here a few days but i haven't been able to hang it yet but have set its program up. and I'm amazed at how quiet the fan is just as you stated. :)
    the amount of colors you can make up on this light is amazing! can even have a soft pink moon light. :)

7. Big Al's Online

Big Al's Online 3reef Sponsor

Glad to hear it!

I was getting a little anxious waiting to hear you say it arrived, was worried it got caught up somewhere or something; was very glad to read that you've had it for a few days :)

Also glad to hear the fan is up to your standards; I knew it would be!
    Keep us posted with photos etc. after you get it on the aquarium!

8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

the light is hanging and i LOVE the look of it. the color of my water looks awesome!!!!!!

10. Big Al's Online

Big Al's Online 3reef Sponsor

:pics:

11. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Congrats pink. Be careful with the red led's a they promote algae growth so you might want to keep that setting low.

12. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

The reds should pose absolutely no problem to a properly maintained tank. The limiting factor for algae growth should be a lack N and P, not wavelength of light available.