Eating a Paleo Diet

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Seano Hermano, Apr 14, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Have you checked walmart? ;D ;D ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Som3 reef3r:

After looking aorund a bit, it appears quinoa does not actually count as a god food in a strict paleo diet. It's sort of on the edge of strict paleo and not-so-much.

From just one of several blogs I found just now:
    Google search: Is quinoa paleo?

Caulirice (cauliflower rice) will be a better alternative.

4. Seano Hermano

Not for quinoa, no. But I have had pretty good luck finding what I got so far.

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Ahh mashed cauliflower (like mashed potatoes) is extremely good, same with baked asparagus with a bit of olive oil (idk if you can eat that) and salt. But yeah i suppose quinoa isnt good as a vitaminal food, but, it is an excellent source of protein, extremely filling (this helps with trying to lose weight;)) and quite tasty IMO

6. Seano Hermano

I just had that a few days ago. It is one of my favorites now.

7. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

i guess im eating a part paleo diet too without even knowing ;D

8. Click Here!

9. kwinter1

kwinter1 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

How do you make your quinoa ? I made it once it was terrible, still have most of the box and plan to try again. If you wanna get away from potatos try using rudabegas instead and mashing them like mashed potatos. Have yet to try it but saw a recipe for it.

10. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

We had quinoa last night.
    Stewed tomatoes, cauliflower, peppers, onions, garlic, chickpeas, carrots, sweet potato, chicken breast, quinoa and lots of red curry powder. I'll be honest, it could have used a little cream & coconut milk for flavor and texture. We put a little bit of pineapple in at the end to kick up the sweetness a bit.

11. Seano Hermano

Sorry, I have not updated this thread much. I've been quite busy with the school semester nearing to an end.

...and that sounds wonderful! :D

A change in plans means we probably won't have much of a garden this year. I'll be moving out of town to find a summer job and then I will go of to college in August. Dad might still have some plants, but probably not anything big like we had originally thought.

(and on a side note, I have a few weeks to make sure Dad knows how to care for the tank.)

12. Seano Hermano

The other night I made pork burgers on tomato. I would've had a side, but I was bad and running late. I made 5 burgers with 1 lb of cubed pork (ground would've worked fine just as well). Next time I won't make the burgers as thick, but have more of them. That way they cook through faster. I would also fry the tomato to give it some more flavor. Overall I think they turned out great.

[​IMG]

Tonight we had veggie kabobs roasted over a smoky fire. :) I used bell peppers (red, orange, yellow); onion, garlic cloves, cucumber, and yellow squash. Next time I will probably use tomatoes and mushrooms in addition. You can also use eggplant, but I'm not a fan of the spongy texture it has.

All this is mixed up in a bowl with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I would also suggest a humus or avocado dip once it's all cooked up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2012