dual wp25 or wp 10 for 75g

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by mikekx65, May 10, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikekx65

mikekx65 Skunk Shrimp

I'm really liking jaebo's new dual controller and all of the possibilities it has but I'm not sure if I should get the controller with 2 wp25 or 2 wp10?? I don't want there to be too much flow and be blowing my softies and sand everywhere but then again don't want to buy the smaller of the 2 and laterms down the road decide it isn't enough. So what do you all think 25 or 10??

2. Click Here!

3. dahos

dahos Feather Duster

I just got the wp25's with the twin controller. Based on what I have seen, I decided to use one in my tank for now. Good flow. Nice wave action. Running one on wp1 @ 50% power. Two were too much imo. I can always add the second one if needed later, use it as a backup or alternate them at cleaning time. I am still at 50% power so i have room to increase if needed.

It is a personal preference thing though.

4. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

For a tank with SPS, go with the WP25s.

5. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Bingo!
    The wp10s will not be enough for 75 gallons. I wouldn't go over 30 gallons on the wp10, IMO.

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

you can always turn the 25 down and only use one whereas if you get the 10, you may find it's not enough down the road depending on what you want to keep. I'd say go with the 25's.

7. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

FWIW, I just got my dual WP25s (well actually FS8000 through Fish-street, but same flow and control). With the dual controller, you can control the speed of each powerhead separately. I have them in my 50 cube (24"x24"x20"), and so far love what they are doing running at about 50%.