DSA 100 Pro

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Reefbuilder, Dec 26, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

I am looking to buy the top glass for this tank - cant seem to find it - the tank is brand new - never used - I picked it up local not through a store. The top has recessed black plastic that obviously holds a top glass -

Anyone know where I could buy - or should I just go to a glass cutter and have them cut? if I do that is there any particular glass to use? I don't want it to interfere with the LED's?

Also I would assume it needs to be hinged so I can feed??

2. Click Here!

3. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

The 20" width is an odd size, so I am not sure if you can find a pre-made one or not (like Marineland). I noticed you can add a glass canopy when you order the tank itself, so maybe see if DSA or one of their vendors can get one for you?

Otherwise, what about making your own out of clear netting and framing: Clear Netting - Bulk Reef Supply

And yes, you do need a glass top hinged if that is the route you go.

4. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

Advantages of netting: Keeps jumpers in without diminishing light,better gas exchange,doesn't need frequent cleaning.Downside is increased evaporation,which could actually be a good thing for cooling the tank in warm weather.

5. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

I was able to find one that is made for the tank.