Downsizing =/. Looking for a rimless all-in-one system.

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Anldyxp, Jul 14, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Anldyxp

Anldyxp Skunk Shrimp

Hi everyone. So I'll be moving Sept. 1st and will need to downsize my 20gal since the area I'm moving to is real expensive so the place is pretty small =/. I'm looking for something in the 12-15 gal range, a rimless all-in-one type, or a rimless w/drilled overflow. Any suggestions on who makes a nice one? The reason I don't want to go with a biocube is because I have some Par30 lamps that I want to use still. I know JBJ came out with the Nanocube RL all-in-one rimless but it only comes in 8 or 30 gal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Also, would it be out of the question to get a 12/14gal nanocube and just remove the lid and use my own par30? Although that would be kind of a waste.

2. Click Here!

3. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

picoaquariums.com

4. Anldyxp

Anldyxp Skunk Shrimp

Thanks! But it seems like picoaquariums closes for the summer =/. I actually checked their website before posting but they didn't even have prices listed.

Does anyone know if the lid can be removed for a biocube/nanocube? Although its kind of a waste, it seems like the cheapest option.

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Yes you should be able to remove the hood.

6. Anldyxp

Anldyxp Skunk Shrimp

Thanks everyone, I've decided on the Cad Lights 12 gallon. Their showroom is located about 20 miles from me so I plan to pick one up next week. They even agreed to sell me the tank w/o the light for $100. Not bad at all considering that the new JBJ Nanocube RL 8gal cost $200.

7. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Sweet, cadlights tanks are high class, treat it well!

8. Click Here!

9. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Very nice looking tank, looking forward to see what you make of it. ;)

10. Anldyxp

Anldyxp Skunk Shrimp

Thanks! Yeah the rimless cube look is going to be awesome!

Thank you! I'm a little bummed about downsizing since I won't have my 10 gallon sump anymore but I'm excited to get the new tank running.

Already purchased a new stand for it this afternoon =]. I'm moving september 1st and will have it set up that week. Will post pics =]

11. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

You could always add an overflow an fuge. ;)

12. Anldyxp

Anldyxp Skunk Shrimp

LOL. I'm trying very hard to refrain from adding it. I already have the Eshopps Nano from my current setup and my previous 5 gallon that is already made into a sump. The new apt I'm moving into is like prime real estate right next to school so its costing me an arm and a leg a month for a 630 sqft apartment. I need to keep the inside of the cabinet free so that I can store my buckets, test kits, etc. There is just no room to store that stuff anywhere else at the new place =/. LOL.