Coral Spotlight | Leptoseris

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by mikejrice, Nov 24, 2018.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Difficulty Level: Leptoseris is extremely sensitive to light levels as well as alkalinity.

Feeding: Leptoseris is mostly photosynthetic though may accept small meat based foods.

Lighting: Lepto is one of the most efficient photosynthesizers around and doesn’t need much light because of it. Be very careful to watch for bleaching.

Waterflow: Higher flow is a must to keep flesh free of detritus and other debris.

Placement: Leptoseris should be placed near the bottom and even in shade spots in some higher light systems.

General: The skeletal structure of leptoseris enables it to gather light with more efficiency than nearly any other coral.

https://captivecoral.net/portfolio/leptoseris/[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Billme likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

Guess that group includes jack o lantern? So if I put it at the base of a rock near the bottom, does it grow where it wants. Like avoids low flow or too much light?

mikejrice likes this.
  4. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

How so is it sensitive to alkalinity?

mikejrice likes this.
  5. mikejrice

It will usually grow into the light and adapt to it. They're pretty tolerant but suffer bleaching if moved into higher light too quickly.

Billme likes this.
  6. mikejrice

Swings of any kind. As long as you can keep it stable, they will usually adapt to most alkalinity levels.

Billme likes this.