Congrats to the 3reef DIY Video Contest Winners!

Discussion in '3reef 's DIY Video Contest!' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Nice job, all! Congratulations to =Jwin=, and to his mother for having him! :)

And kudos to Homegrowncorals and 10acrewoods, too!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I'm sure I'll end up keeping them all - my husband just HOPES I put some of them away! He gets tired of seeing my water bottles sitting everywhere. After I've made 4 trips to the car to lug water, I drop them in the kitchen and hope somebody will carry them the rest of the way!

Oh, the things I could say here.....but I won't! ;D

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

fill them with change. change is good... change from buying RO to making your own!

5. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Holy snot...could you imagine that 5 gallon jug filled with pocket change??? Wowzers

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I do fill these up w/change. It takes years. I then buy something totally frivolous.

I keep two jugs, one for penny's and the other for "silver change".

on average, it's about 200 bucks per inch of "silver change".

7. Geoff

Geoff Teardrop Maxima Clam

I also have one for silver and cash from my winnings off the race board at work, every bit of silver change I get goes into the bottle and at the end of the year it helps buy christmas.Had a little over 800 bucks in it last year.

8. Click Here!

9. Triplemom

Well, I ended up keeping all the water bottles. The RO unit is great, but we're having to run it on the front outside faucet. We can only generate about 35 PSI inside (which was lowered recently due to a new gas hot water heater and building code). I ordered a booster pump from one of the 3reef sponsers and should get that this week. Will post pictures when we finally get all in place. I LOVE not lugging those bottles back in forth to the store, but I do look forward to getting the unit working INSIDE!

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Good choice getting the booster pump. That should help! Glad you like it.

11. Triplemom

I put this on our tank thread, but thought it deserved a spot here, too. :)

We finally got our contest-winning RO unit installed inside! We've actually been using it for a while, but the only place we could get enough water pressure was from the outside faucet. We ordered a booster pump on Matt's suggestion (from a 3reef sponsor, of course) and finally had time this weekend to hook it up. It's really great! The pressure is perfect. The booster pump is really quiet.

Now for pictures!

This disaster is my former wet bar/now fish room. Jwin can make quite a mess....
    [​IMG]

The installed unit
    [​IMG]

Filling up my 5 gallon bucket
    [​IMG]

The fish room! :)
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Thanks for the update TM!

Pssst...next time, put the bucket in the sink while you fill it. I've soaked my basement floor many times in the past (before installing an auto-top off) when I forgot that I had the ro unit running!

1 person likes this.