Complete Guide to Moving a Fish Tank

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Articles and How To's' started by Astrick117, May 29, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Vinny - I appreciate the feedback! I will certainly make a note of this to the original post when I get back to my home comp. I know that the bacteria primarily lives with the LR, but in the effort to keep water params as stable as possible and the move as stress free as possible, I recommend using old water.

My problem is that I have an RODI unit and it takes time to set it up in the new location, then make water, then warm it to 78 and get it to proper salinity. My goal has always been to limit the amount of time that inhabitants are in buckets. Then once I have those things established in the new location, I do a nice water change.

Great idea- especially for longer moves. I have always been ok, because they have only been in buckets for a few hours, but for longer moves this would be extremely helpful- consider it added.

Brilliant! Keep the long distance move tips coming. As I mentioned, my experience is with short moves, so there are definitely some changes you will need to make for long ones.

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

We are only moving 10 minutes in August. However This is a good chance to get rid of some of the crappy substrate that you dont wish to have LOL... IE super fine sugar grade sand and going to something a little more... Not so desert storm like.

4. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Updated with previous suggestions...

1 person likes this.
  5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hey great post Astrick117!
    I moved this to the 3reef 'how to' section and gave you the 3reef Contributor badge for this. Hope that's cool. I appreciate the updates too. k+

matt

6. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Thanks Matt! I'll wear the badge with pride ;D