CA Mysis Flat Packs from Cobalt Aquatics

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 17, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

It's been pretty cool to watch Cobalt Aquatics grow over the last couple years. Every time I look, they seem to have added something else to their line of fish foods. The latest is CA Mysis. CA Mysis is infused with S.E.L.C.O. Boost for color enhancements then flash-frozen. Some may prefer the Cobalt flat pack to the frozen cubes of other brands that can result in messy preparation. I can't even count how many times I've shot them across the kitchen counter trying to chop them with a knife. Maybe it's just me. :)

[​IMG]

Cobalt frozen CA Mysis shrimp are harvested from a glacier fed lake in Canada. These highly nutritious shrimp are caught live with natural gut loads of phytoplantkton and other amino acids. We then infuse the Mysis with S.E.L.C.O. BOOST, which gives the Mysis even more color enhancer, fatty acids, and appetite stimulants. We then flash freeze them right on the collecting boat to preserve all of the natural and added nutrition. Mysis are the perfect food for freshwater and marine fish, including seahorses. Very nutritious with high levels of amino acids, omega 3 & 6, and HUFA’s that supports a healthy immune system.
    The infusion of S.E.L.C.O. BOOST brings added allicin (the active ingredient in garlic), fatty acids from an Icelandic calenoid copepod, DHA, EPA, essential omega rich oils, high doses of pure vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin D3, astaxanthin and carotenoids derived from marine algae, stabilized vitamin C, a natural and organic emulsifier zeaxanthin, and an appetite stimulant is added. Boosting an already incredible food to new, unprecedented levels of nutrition!

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
    CRUDE PROTEIN- MIN 12.9%
    CRUDE FAT- MIN 10.6%
    CRUDE FIBER- MIN 0.5%
    MOISTURE- MAX 74.4%
    PHOSPHORUS- MIN 0.2%

INGREDIENTS:
    WATER, MYSIS RELICTA, ZEOXANTHIN (SOURCE OF BETA CAROTENE), CALANUS FINMARCHICUS EXTRACT, VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENT, OAT STRAW EXTRACT, EDTA ASCORBIC ACID, L-ASCORBYL-2-POLYPHOSPHATE (SOURCE OF STABILIZED VITAMIN C), ISOCRYSIS GALBANA, RHODOMONAS LENS, ASTAXANTHIN, GARLIC EXTRACT (SOUCE OF ALLICIN)

More:
    https://cobaltaquatics.com/caproduct/frozen-food/frozen-mysis/

2. Click Here!

3. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

So are these in a thinner form and easier to break off? That's worth trying. I have the same complaints with the cubes.

Matt Rogers likes this.
  4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

If frozen live on the boat, their "infusion" process couldn't be much more then a quick soak, and the carapace doesn't allow for much of anything to soak into them.

5. Pdxile

Pdxile Coral Banded Shrimp

Most of those ingredients sound made up :)