Build My LED 20k Radium and XB Lights

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 4, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Build My LED fans will be happy to hear there are several new products around the corner. On the accessory side, there are some cool new light mounts shown below that allow you to actually swivel your fixture to the proper angle for your tank. The effect was dramatic and makes you wonder why we haven't seen that much with other fixtures. And there are some great new lights on the way. The new XB line has 20-40% more light thanks to Osram LEDs. Interestingly Build My LED actually did a head-to-head test between Osram and CREE in their fixtures and found that Osram produced more light even though the CREE LEDs looked better on paper. Another new light is the 20k Radium. It took 11 revisions but they were able to match the spectrum of a 400w halide radium bulb. All this and new controllers with independent channels coming soon.

[​IMG]
    The new Build My LED Swivel Mounts

[​IMG]
    Demo of the new controllers - note these are unfinished betas with a plastic experiment box

[​IMG]
    Build My LED 20k Radium in black

[​IMG]
    The XB line has a new smoother housing shown on right

More:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/3reef-radar/build-my-led-diy-aquarium-lights-made-easy-140083.html

Build My LED Web Site:
    Build My LED Custom LED Lights for DIY Horticulture Aquarium Hobby Lighting

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Correction: I stated 'XP' line - it was supposed to be 'XB.'
    That is probably for XTRA BRIGHT. :)

matt

4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

The 20K line is now available. New Multi channel fixture and controllers should be out soon they say. I may go for a Blue strip for my sunpower.

5. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Yes! From right now the multichannel fixtures should be out between 2-4 weeks. My Apex Jr and VDM are ready to go, and my little tank is in dire need of some full spectrum light.

6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I can't wait. I've also thought about going with a daylight and in essence turn my sunpower into a powermodule for less than half the price of the new LED/T5 Powermodules.

7. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Those swivel mounts are really cool!