Brown Mites on Floating Plants :(

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by Ashevillian, Jun 3, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Recently added some what I believe is just Water Spangles,Salvinia Minima. Thought they were pretty since they bloom tiny white flowers, provide a nice shade spot for my angelfish, and add a nice realistic feel to my tank...

well it's been maybe a month and I have noticed small brown mite looking bugs casually walking from leaflet to leaflet as if they're in a new tropical paradise.

Any suggestions besides the obvious of removing all traces of the floating water spangles? I haven't had much luck finding any obvious answers or other posts about this on the internet so I was hoping to try this new section of the forum out!!

Thanks for reading

In the photo if you look carefully you can see a couple of the brown speck bugs.. I assume they are mites but my eyes are not good enough to count how many legs they have -- far too small!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I can't help directly. I suggest going to The Planted Tank. I think you should get some help there.