Biocube 29 or Nuvo?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by NYPhantom, Aug 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NYPhantom

NYPhantom Plankton

I am having a hard decision as to which tank I should start my first salt water experience with so I need some advice and or feedback please!

2. Click Here!

3. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

Skip the cube and get a 55+. I bought a cube 3 weeks and want a bigger tank already. Also a bigger tank is much easier and about the same dollar amount. If your worried about saving money look on craigslist for a used tank ...

4. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Well it all depends how much space you have, I picked my BC29 because it was a good deal and I didn't have a lot of space.

5. NYPhantom

NYPhantom Plankton

I don't have space for a 55 that's why the bio29 or nuvo30 would be ideal for my room.

6. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

The Nuvo is cool but that sure is a lot of $! I would do the BioCube and check out the RapidLED kits if you want to keep SPS/Clams.

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

i personally would go with the biocube. I love the looks of the nuvo..... but the price is a little high IMO. Plus you have to pay additional for the light fixture. I have also seen/heard of some issues with the LED going out/acting up.

I am a little bias however, as my first tank is the biocube 29g. Since that time they have made a bunch of improvments to them. I currently have 2 biocubes up and running

8. Click Here!

9. NYPhantom

NYPhantom Plankton

The only thing the makes me wonder about the biocube is how many mods I see people make, like I said I'm new to this and gathering as much info as I need before I start my first salt water tank.

10. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

You don't need to mod it, just a lot of people do in order to expand what they can have in their tank.

I modded mine because I love DIY and having the best conditions for the livestock I put in my tank.

11. pho88

pho88 Fire Worm

definitely biocube!

12. NYPhantom

NYPhantom Plankton

Ok so in order to get started I should buy the coralife biocube 29 with the LEDs?