Between two tanks

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by 1dayteam120, Jan 21, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DavidinGA

DavidinGA Fire Worm

Another vote for glass.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Nuvo Innovative 30 gallon fish tank, in a minute.

I really like Biocubes too, but this new tank looks very nice. I like the rimless look, the whole lay out . Get the black back though and count on upgrading the lighting or adding more light for more sensitive corals.

Glass is my favorite.

4. Jlobes

Jlobes Coral Banded Shrimp

+1 for IM. im about to pickup a couple of the tanks. looking at the 16, 30, & 38 gal. Really nice looking units. great features

5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Bio cubes are great tanks and really simplifies starting a new tank. My opinion is glass will look better in the long run and really isn't difficult to move. With moving it as much as your planning to I would think glass is the way to go. Plus the fun part of a salt tank is actually picking out stuff and making your tank your own. Customizing is so fun IMO and you can learn a lot about each part you buy for your tank. Good luck on your purchase and post some pics when it's up and running.

6. vtecintegra

vtecintegra Fire Worm

I'd never buy acrylic unless I had no choice. I've had a bad enough time with scratches on glass. I've seen too many acrylic tanks look like crap from being scratched up. A 30 gallon tank shouldn't be that hard to move around.

7. 1dayteam120

1dayteam120 Astrea Snail

is there anything I should buy with the tank besides upgrading the lights. I am thinking about getting a 150 watt heater for it

8. Click Here!

9. KDtrey5

KDtrey5 Coral Banded Shrimp

Biocubes are nice but expensive. And IMO I think it's fun to build your own!

10. 1dayteam120

1dayteam120 Astrea Snail

I could see where building your own would be alot of fun but I would personally like to get one that is already put together for the sake of it being my first tank and plus I really dont have that kind of time seeing as how im taking 18 hours this semester

11. erock38

erock38 Feather Duster

18 hours is great being that you will have to be patient a lot in the first month lol so you will have something to keep your mind off of it. In my opinion(i am in college right now too) i would try to move off campus and start the fish tank so you wont have to move it so much. But any who, i say glass. I have a 36 gallon bowfront and it is easy to clean.

12. 1dayteam120

1dayteam120 Astrea Snail

I LOVE the look of those bow front tanks they just look so clean