Automatic Fish Feeders?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by PorkyBubs, Mar 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PorkyBubs

PorkyBubs Spaghetti Worm

Can anyone recommend a automatic fish feeders?

Im leaving to Europe for 1 month and my fishes need foods! By the way i will have someone watching just not in the mornings and may come home late every once in a while.

Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

ummmm, wanna take me with ;D Seriously though, what kind of fish are we talking about? do you feed dry or frozen and how much? Most algae grazers should be able to go without feedings for a few days if there is enough food source in the water column.

4. PorkyBubs

PorkyBubs Spaghetti Worm

I have a Fresh 30 gallon tank, Green spotted puffers, Gold Fish, and a cat fish.

55 Gallon reef tank, 2 clowns, 2 diamonds golbies, 2 cleaner shrips, 2 cleaner wresle, 1 yellow tang.

I feed them dry for breakfast and normally frozen at night.

I assuming i just need two Dry ones for now and have my keeper throw frozen at night once in a while.

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

does you reef have a overflow?

this seems popular at marine depot. http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewI...iew~idProduct~EH3581~idCategory~FIFDFEAF.html
    i have never used it but i have used the kind the spins around, there awful.

6. sventhemac

sventhemac Astrea Snail

puffer tank

You can definitely feed the puffer tank with the cheapo walmart automatic feeders that dump food twice a day. Definitely have them run for a week or two with your supervision to make sure they are good to go, fresh batteries and food just before you head out of town. Wow I like run on sentences. Anyways if the GSP doesn't get enough food it will definitely eat the other fish, mine did whenever he got bored.

As for the reef tank I have no idea, haven't been on vacation since I set it up. Although the GSP tank we have is up to 1.018 SG

7. PorkyBubs

PorkyBubs Spaghetti Worm

Alright, thank you guys. How long will my Salt water tank fish last on flakes/pebbles? I suppose it all depends right? Is it bad to feed them only flakes / pebbles for 1 month?

8. Click Here!

9. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

I use an couple of Eheim 3581090 'Everyday Fish Feeder' when we travel. I'm using them with pelleted food for the turtles and they have been reliable for me. Battery powered, big hopper, very adjustable, integrated ventilation to keep the food dry.

10. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

You must have got a bad one because I love mine. I travel often for work and love my rondomtic. It can feed 4 times a day for a week or once a day for 28 days depending how you program it.
    I put in algae wafers for the tangs, dry flakes... you can put anything in it that will drop including seawead rubber banded to a small rock.
    Aquarium Automatic Feeders: Rondomatic 400

11. DavidTurner

DavidTurner Feather Duster

I have this fish feeder actually and it works great. The problem I have is when it dumps food into the tank, the food stays at the surface and 80% goes right into the overflow. I am going to be gone for six days, have a kalk drip going great, protein skimmer drain plug going to a fresh bottle for overflow and need to figure out this food issue.

I am thinking this "might" work. Nutrafin Max Feeding Ring

any opinions?

Thank you!

12. DavidTurner

DavidTurner Feather Duster

I just bought it. I'll let you know how it works out.