Aquarium glass question?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Fishez, Sep 28, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Fishez

Fishez Bristle Worm

I'm about to order a 90gal tank from a man that makes them about an hour and a half from where I live, He sells the 90gal long with the regular glass for 150.00 and the 90gal long with "low iron glass" for 265.00. I cant figure out why it would cost so much more ?? he said the only difference is that the low iron glass is clearer than the regular and that the regular glass has a slight green tint to it ? does anybody know if it would be worth the difference in price or is it a wast of money?any info would be appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Is it the Starfire glass?? I have not seen the Starfire or low iron glass, but I do know that my Oceanic has half inch glass and it is definitely green....

4. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Oh....is he making it for you??? I have seen some people get the better glass on the front viewing pane only....perhaps that would fall in the middle...pricewise...

5. Fishez

Fishez Bristle Worm

well he said it would be on the front and the sides but the back glass would still be regular glass, I think the thinner the glass is the less difference it would make, I think I'll stick with the regular glass, maybe if i was getting a 500 gal I might go with the low iron glass.

6. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

Once its all lit up, you will never see it. Especialy if you have some actanic blue lighting with it.

7. Fishez

Fishez Bristle Worm

Yeah I went to pick it up yesterday and it looks awesome , I just went with the regular glass intsead of the exspensive clear glass. I cant wait to set it up on the new stand me and my dad built last week.