AquaMedic Turbofloater 1000 multi

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Wrassman, Mar 10, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

[glow=red, 2, 100%]Well it's nice to be able to ride on the very long coat tails of Mr. Gadget!  Looks like a great unit, can't wait to hear your detailed reports on it's performance.  

Am thrilled as well to be expecting a package in the mail!  I'm sure I'll be one of the few people, if not only person, to have a Turbofloater 1000 Multi on their tank here in Reno.

Thanks again for all your help and we'll have fune setting it up long distance, eh?[/glow]

:) ;) :D ;D 8)

2. Click Here!

3. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

[glow=Blue, 2, 99%]Once we get the Turbofloater set up you shouldn't have to fool with it much after that, except when you clean it, etc. They aren't hair-pin sensitive. They are sensitve enough to give you some good fine tuning controls over the output of the skimmer... [smiley=hammer.gif]

Like I said, you are going to love it. And yes, it will be fun setting it up long distance... [smiley=biglaugh.gif] [smiley=biggrinbounce.gif][/glow]

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

[glow=green, 2, 100%]Both mt CPR and Seaclone require tinkering with after cleaning so I believe that is the nature of the beast so to speak.  There are fluxuations in tank ecology that require that fine tuning you referred to and is why this is so much a hands on hobby/experience. [smiley=biggrinbounce.gif]

As your fish and inverts grow, as your biofiltration increases/decreases, and as your tank matures in general this will have an impact on the operation of any skimmer for peak performance.[/glow]

:) ;) :D ;D 8)

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Wrassman order a EuroReef? He should be happy with that.

6. saltydog

saltydog Guest

Prices started at $360.Have mine running for little over a week now! Everyday I clean the collection cup, always making skimmate. Does a great Job! Glad I got it.
    By the way, Redmond will no longer be making filter/fuges for the turbofloater. A really nice sump and perfect for the AquaMedic turbofloater. Prices started at $360. Jeremy Redmond will be working with aquamedic , located in Colorado. Made a great sump!

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I was thinking of getting this skimmer, you clean it everyday Salty? It really fills up that fast?

8. Click Here!

9. saltydog

saltydog Guest

I would about every 4-5 days without a problem. Some think that everyday is good maintainence.

10. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

What is an ecoaqualyzer?? And do you think the turbofloater multi can handle a 220g FOWLR tank? I just about have my wife talked into getting one, turning my 120g into a reef and selling the 75g. I think I might have to buy her some diamond earrings though!

11. saltydog

saltydog Guest

Suppose to handle up to 250 gallons.

12. aaronmcb80

aaronmcb80 Plankton

I finally bought a Turbofloater, How do you adjust it?

So I took yall's advice and purchased the turbofloater 1000 multi. I have only had it running a few hours and I followed the instructions in the provided manual but still get wet clear foam that fills the collection cup quickly? How do I adjust the system to work properly?