AquaMedic Turbofloater 1000 multi

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Wrassman, Mar 10, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Do you find your skimmate to be more concentrated (thicker) or wetter (more watery) since you've started using the ecoaqualizer?

2. Click Here!

3. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

That is an interesting question, Gresham. I would have answered wetter, up until this week, when I got the Oxydator. But, since I've had the Oxydator, the skimmate has been THICKER, more full of bubbles and yet more full of gunk that it had been.

So, my conclusion is, the Aqualizer does increase the amount of skimmate your skimmer produces; but the Oxydator improves the quality of that skimmate -- if that makes sense. [smiley=laughingsmiley.gif]

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Hey Wrassman, did you miss my question 4 posts up? Would assume a submerged vs hang on configuration. The submerged footprint is somewhat important as I need a 12"x16"x1" area for my Miracle Mud.

5. Wrassman

6. Craig Manoukian

Went to the site and I'm guessing you need a 10"x10" footprint for the skimmer and pump. Again my 20 gallon long sump/refugium is 30"x12"x12" so I can place the skimmer on the end of the refugium where the water comes the main tank. From there it would go into a LR chamber before flowing into the refugium. From the refugium the flow would be to a LR camber and then to the return pump to the main tank.

Let me know if I'm missing something, thanks

:) ;) :D ;D 8)

7. Wrassman

[glow=Blue, 1, 80%]Craig,

You do understand that this is a multi, right? You can hang it on the side of the refugium if you want. That is the beauty of having a multi, you can plumb it in so many different ways.

You'd better talk to Gresham about his ETSS Reef Devil. I'm starting to have second thoughts... [smiley=Looking.gif][/glow]

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Will it hang on a 12" tall tank is the question?

10. Wrassman

[glow=Green, 1, 80%]I think we got everything worked out via your phone call.  You'll be able to tell better when you actually SEE the Turbofloater, but you are going to have to build something for it to hang on to fit inside your 20L. [smiley=hammer.gif]

But, it is going to be AWESOME, man... [smiley=biggrinbounce.gif] [smiley=first.gif] [smiley=shocked2.gif] [smiley=sunny.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up.gif][/glow]

[glow=Black, 3, 90%]Edit:  You even changed my mood from "sick" to "amazed," Big Guy!!![/glow]

11. Craig Manoukian

[glow=red, 2, 100%]Yo, will work on my design and set-up and wait for you and Gresham to work out the details on the skimmer switcheroo. You let me know and we'll complete the deal![/glow]

:) ;) :D ;D 8)

12. Wrassman

[glow=Navy, 2, 99%]Everything is going well. All is done on this end, just waiting on the skimmer to be delivered. [smiley=smoking.gif] Here's a nice pic from Marine Depot:
    [​IMG]
    I can't wait to see how well it performs in my system, especially now with the elevated O[sub]2[/sub] count. [smiley=scholar.gif]

Just as soon as I get mine, I will box yours up and send it to you. It's a little tricky setting yours up, but we can handle it over the phone. [smiley=smart.gif] You are going to LOVE your Turbofloater, Craig!!! Of that I have NO doubt. [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

So, a few more days and things will be finalized. Thanks for all your help and support. And thanks for buying my skimmer!!!!!!!! [smiley=beer.gif][/glow]