AquaMedic Turbofloater 1000 multi

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Wrassman, Mar 10, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

I've owned a lot of skimmers over the years I've been in this hobby. I've even made one or two for a couple of large tanks I've owned. But, I've never owned a skimmer as good as my AquaMedic Turbofloater 1000 multi. It pulls more black gooey gunk out of my 58g in one day than I would have thought possible. I do keep a heavy bio-load (we'll talk about that some other time), but this skimmer keeps up with the protien and celluose nicely.

I highly recommend them if your tank is 55 - 180g range.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I have heard a lot of good things about these skimmers. Wrassman is the multi any different than the hang-on-the-back model? I believe that is what I recommended to Vicki a couple days ago.

4. Wrassman

Matt, the multi is the hang-on-the-back model. The reason they call it the multi is because you can configure it to run just about any way you want to run it. This British vendor's website has a nice picture and a great description of the skimmer:

http://www.aquatics-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/A000_AQUAMEDIC__192.html

I have researched this skimmer in great depth, and can read and write German pretty well. If you would like to further explore the AquaMedic line, or any other German Technical line (Deltec, GroTech, etc.), just let me know. I enjoy it. [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

My LFS uses a turboflotor 1000 multi, and the corlas and fish are going great. Although they don't sell SPS or any Xenia. But they use it for their whole system, with a berlin skimmer as well. The system would be way more then180G, as there are about 20 tanks all part of it.

6. Wrassman

[glow=Navy, 2, 80%]If you are a regular reader of the "Product Review" section, then you know that I recently purchased a Sochting Oxydator A. I have been looking for ways to submit evidence to you that it is actually working. I found such a way.

My Aquamedic Turbofloater 1000 multi is perhaps (arguably) the best skimmer on the market today. With the addition of a significant amount of O[sub]2[/sub] into the water, it has become even better. In fact, I am almost afraid to keep it running 24/7 for risk that the oxidation in my tank will begin to 'burn' my living organisms. I can see with my own two eyes, however, the amazing increase of 'oxidized' waste beginning to break up and enter the water column. Which is also beginning to be picked up by my Turbofloater.

Here is a pic from today to show you the incredible skimmate picked up in the past 3 hours.[/glow]

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Wrass, Have you noticed an increase in Skimmate since you installed the Eco-Aqualizer?

J

8. Click Here!

9. Wrassman

[glow=Brown, 1, 80%]Actually, yes, I have noticed an increase in skimmate since I installed the ECO. The addition of the Oxydator just 'kicked it into another gear' if that makes sense. I'll probably wind up emptying today, and if not today, tomorrow at least. I was able to go 3, maybe 4 days with no ECO, then with the ECO, that cut that in half. Now, with the Oxydaytor, it looks like I'll be emptying the darn thing every day or every other day.

The good -- it is getting a LOT more celluose and proteins out of my tank.

The bad -- I have to empty the waste collector cup every day or every other day (a lot more maintenance).[/glow]

10. Wrassman

[glow=Green, 1, 80%]Maybe a BEFORE picture would help put things into perspective. Here's my Turbofloater with two days of skimmate before the ECO and before the Oxydator. It's not bad, but compare it to the top picture and you will see the dramatic difference. [smiley=biglaugh.gif]

There's definitely SOMETHING going on here... [smiley=shocked2.gif][/glow]

11. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Will it hang on a 20 gallon 30Lx12Tx12W refugium or would it have to be submerged? What is the footprint if used as a submerged skimmer?

:) ;) :D ;D 8)

12. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I would take my (red Sea Classic) three - six week to get the amout of skimmate. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But you got me wondering.

J