Apatasia on plate coral

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Sataly, Nov 3, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

I've had this piece for lil over a year now and just recently this lil pest decided to show its ugly mug. Im getting Banghia this week (6 or 8) because my tank isn't getting any better woth the infestation and has gotter to the point to where they're growing on the bodies of some corals and this one being the worst next to my new galaxia. Should I have someone frag the lil monster off and save at least half of the coral? I was thinking the banghia would do the the trick but then I read that it's possible for them to get eaten if caught in a coral.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I have peppermint shrimp, I have no aiptasia. If that infestation is that bad why not try them.

4. Sataly

more then a few times have I tried them from all different stores. I have like 5 and haven't noticed a difference in the population of the apatasia

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

That's weird I wander you got the Atlantic Camel Back shrimp instead of Peppermints. I have heard Peppermints will not eat large aiptasia, but the Peppermints I got from IBluewater mowed down every single aiptasia I had in 3 days.

6. Sataly

I know for a fact I got peps and like I said before its always been the same thing with them. non of them seem interested in the apatasia at all. I've even stopped feeding for a few days to see if it was the food keeping them from going at them. I'll give Ibluewater a try and see if it'll help any. spending less then $160 would be grand lol

7. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

I hate to say, but I don't see any signs of life on that plate coral.

8. Click Here!

9. Kajung2k

Kajung2k Astrea Snail

I see life but it's an aiptasia. Sorry.

10. Sataly

It extends sometimes but not as much as it use to before the apatasia grew on it. It'll still feed on the frozen I throw at it so I'm hoping I can find a way to save it before it grows any bigger and kill it for good

11. Kajung2k

Kajung2k Astrea Snail

I use kalkwasser paste to get rid of my aiptasia.