Anyone ever try Mr.Aqua tanks?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by xJamesC28, Mar 18, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. xJamesC28

xJamesC28 Bristle Worm

I'm looking to get the 18x18x18 25g cube. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about this tank brand :)

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I've been a fan of those tanks. I love the rimless look, but I've yet to see a Mr. Aqua in person. I will follow along for any reviews.

4. ifrizk

ifrizk Astrea Snail

No, please lets us know what you go with and how you like what you go with!

5. Marty

Marty Stylophora

I just bought a 33 gallon (25x18x18 ) Mr. Aqua as a QT/Hospital tank and it is BEAUTIFUL. Clean silicone lines. Nice glass. It is packed well enought to drop it from a 2 story building. lol I'm talking 6 inches of peanuts all around and multiple bubble wrap layers. It was like beating a rubic's cube getting it out of the packaging. Seriously, though, I think you will love it.

Have not put water in it yet though. :(

(bought it from Marine Depot)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  6. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon

from what I have read about them, they are cheaper (price not quality) to ADA tanks. I love the looks of these tanks, planted or reef.

7. xJamesC28

xJamesC28 Bristle Worm

Mmmm I like these comments :D I never really found plain rimless tanks other then ADA but they're expensive... So when I saw these prices I was just like WOW. I'm definitely going to get the 18x18x18 Cube.

8. Click Here!

9. xJamesC28

xJamesC28 Bristle Worm

Keep the comments going!

10. mightyrae

mightyrae Spaghetti Worm

I have an opposing viewpoint on these tanks. They are not very well made compared to ADA. There really is no comparison between the two other than the fact that they are rimless. The glass is not as clear as ADA. They use thinner glass than ADA does. By using thinner glass the seals are at risk so they must use more silicone. Ive seen a small 12 gallon mr aqua tank and it was bulging in the middle when full with water.

There is a reason why people are willing to pay for ADA quality. There are some tank manufacturers out there that do use high end glass like all ADA tanks but they only use it on one or perhaps even 2 sides. ADA tanks are high end glass on all panels.

I have an ADA 120p, 75p, 60p, and some other small tanks. The quality is consistent for even the thinner glass tanks.

I do not have first hand experience with mr aqua but I have seen the bulging and I will certainly not pay for a tank that does that. I cant take a chance of one of my tanks breaking if possible. The water damage alone would be enough to buy an ADA tank many times over.

If only ADA tanks were easier to obtain an also at a cheaper price point. I do understand why people choose mr aqua over ADA.

Before making your purchase look at an ADA tank next to a Mr. aqua.