Anyone been to Jan's lately?

Discussion in 'RARS' started by cement_skis, Jun 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

How did you like her Jellyfish?::)

2. Click Here!

3. TahoeMtn

TahoeMtn Flamingo Tongue

I have not been there in awhile, are they upside down jellies?

I will try to get by there in the next couple of days

4. TahoeMtn

TahoeMtn Flamingo Tongue

I stopped in today, Yep they are upside down Jellies. Not very active while I was there, maybe needs more flow in the tank.

I just want to let folks know that Jan's Tropics of Carson City is getting better. Jan has no interest in learning anything or for that matter teaching anything about SW. She does have an employee that does a good job of keeping the tanks squared away. And she has no interest in a SW Club Her prices are reasonable and she can order anything you want. She keeps some frozen food in stock.

They have added several more SW tanks and while some have algae or dino problems, most are in good shape. I only noticed one aptasia.

I will certainly support the LFS's that support our club (Pet Station Tahoe and Truckee, Also Tahoe Coral and Fish Farm. I also belong to Sierra Reefers) and maybe someday Jan will listen, but as our resources go away, it is good to know where SW supplies are.

5. RNO CORALS

RNO CORALS Bristle Worm

Jans

Wow you think Jans SW tanks look good, I was in there today and the tanks look awful, they are full of cyno and algaes. The only reason I was in there was looking for a timer. I explained what my light setup is and said i need a timer to run 5 plugs and the kid asked me what lights I have and told him MH + PC he told me I should get away from the MH. They are so clueless in there it is un real. Any place that sells dog food, rabbit food should not be selling SW Fish or Corals.

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Also, speaking of stores, H20 exclusives in Sacramento is now offering us a 15% discount for making the drive. Just show them your Nevada ID.

7. psiclone

psiclone Purple Spiny Lobster

yeah the local stores are not looking great. Seeing a lot of exposed skeletons on corals that people are trying to sell for 40+ Definitely does not get my business.

8. Click Here!

9. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

Oh, you saw the "SPS Coral" too huh?

10. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

Thats awesome, good to know!