Antagonist New 90G

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Antagonist, Sep 27, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

The second pic, is that a goni or a pagoda? Luna

2. Click Here!

3. Antagonist

Antagonist Bristle Worm

i dunno it was a peice of rock when i bought it those pink things just popped out one day

4. Antagonist

Antagonist Bristle Worm

Ok with the wonderful world of the WWW i found it is indeed a Goniopora, Flower Pot Coral

Which now that i know its supposed to be very delicate i know my water cant be too bad cos it doubled its "fluffyness" since that last pic

not bad for a rock outta the live rock bin at the LFS

5. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

That's awesome when you get nice easter eggs in your LR and not unwanted parasites. When I take pics of my tank, I usually turn off the cirulating pumps in the tank to keep the flash from refracting from the moving water. I also take the picture at a slight angle if I use a flash to get nice pics. The picture I have of my puffer, lion and ray are from a DSLR with no flash, only using the tank lighting.

6. Antagonist

Antagonist Bristle Worm

Thanks man i ll keep that in mind, and i did get one pest in the form of a mantis Shrimp it only took one damsel to find him, RIP convict.

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

PO4 is just a waste byproduct. Unless you have a method of disposing of it, you will see build up, or algae will bloom (and use it for food). A phosphate reactor or macroalgae will take care of your levels pronto.

8. Click Here!

9. Antagonist

Antagonist Bristle Worm

I have a big wad of Chaeto in my fuge, should that not do it?

10. Antagonist

Antagonist Bristle Worm

Whats going On???

Ok some updates I added a calcium reactor and C02, and i did a round of testing

Dont know whats going on my tank should have been done cycling but its going crazzy again

S.G. 1.022
    dKH 9.1
    Calcium 420
    Magnesium 1200
    Nitrate 5.0
    Nitrite 0.25
    PH 7.4
    Phosphate 0.0
    Ammonia 0.5

ANy help?? Tangster, Otty, John the farmer lol

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  11. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Ok, sorry. I don't know what the CO2 is for.. thought that was a planted fresh tank thing.. anyways. the mini cycle could be from new rock or possibly if you added a few additions at once. You should probably bring up your mag a bit. They usually say around 1400 ppm is about right. Your PH should be above 8.. but your ammonia i have no idea where that could be comin from.. do you have a dead fish in your tank somewhere.. or clean with windex?

12. Antagonist

Antagonist Bristle Worm

The CO2 is for the calcium reactor, and that is the reason for the drop in the ph I was doing some reading and the C02 is doing it wonder if i could cut it back a bit and still have the reactor work properly

And as for the ammonia there are only 1 fish in the system a Pj Cardinal and the clean up crew. NO Windex lmao thats a bad thing lol i use a eye glass shamis to clean the glass no spray