Another stocking thread, 90g

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by ReeferReefer, Aug 19, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer Plankton

I have a 90g SeaClear System 2, its a AIO so the tank space is more near a 75 gallon, 48"Lx18"Wx24"H. Its a mixed reef. Current stocking includes:
    Magnificent Foxface
    Firefish x2
    Flame Angel
    Blue Star Leopard Wrasse
    Solar/Red Head Salon Fairy wrasse
    Starry Blenny

Do you think I can stock more? Nutrients seem to be in check but I haven't tested nitrates in a long time. Filtration includes a Reef octopus BH2000 skimmer, about 3 gallon refugium packed with Calurpa, purigen, carbon and a GFO reactor. I do about a 15% water change biweekly.
    New additions might need to be able to stand up for them selves as my flame angel is a bit territorial
    I am looking for something to add movement and color to the tank along with a good personality. Some fish I am currently considering...
    2 clowns
    A single Lyretail Anthias
    Yellow tang
    Copperband butterfly???
    Yellow coris wrasse

Open to other suggestions as well. I will likely get the clowns next, but I'm not sure if I should add anything after that. I want the fish to be able to live their whole life in this tank. I am planing an upgrade but I don't like that attitude personally and it will be 1-2 years before that tank is ready. I just want my buddies to be happy and healthy! Let me know what you think!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

If it was me, Id stay away from the Copperband Butterfly. They re very difficult fish that many people have a hard time getting to accept food. If you are going to add clowns next I would stop there for a while and re evaluate after several months. I m personally a fan of not maxing out the capabilities of a tank. It leaves no margin of error or ability to adapt to changing conditions. Also, I would step up your water testing schedule after you make additions so you can see how your system is responding. Once it settles back in you can return to whatever your normal testing schedule is. Just my 2c.

ReeferReefer, chum and Swisswiss like this.