Another leaking tank

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by dienerman, Sep 27, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

So I have acquired yet another leaking Oceanic tank. This one is a 210 that is 7 ft in length. Repairing the tank is not going to be a big problem. The back glass panel was separating from the side panel and my question is that it lacks a center brace. It does not appear as if it ever had one and I am concerned that the outward water pressure on such a long piece of glass will cause it to fail again. Does anyone have any experience with this brand and why it lacked a center brace? I have no idea how old the tank is.

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

No actual experience with that brand, but AFAIK, all longer aquariums have had center braces for a few decades now, so my first and only guess is that it was originally designed to be a large reptile habitat. Personally, I wouldn't use it for anything that required it to be more than 1/3 full.

4. dienerman

It s an oceanic brand which to the best of my knowledge was not designed for reptiles. I also have a 6 ft oceanic also made without a center brace although one was installed by the previous owner. I may try to fabricate something because the lack of one concerns me.

5. Bucsfan

Bucsfan Flamingo Tongue

I can tell you that I have the same exact Oceanic tank that was purchased new and it has a glass center brace, so I would put one in.

Mr. Bill likes this.
  6. dienerman

Thanks bucsfan. I will add that in to my repair of the tank! Got it and the stand for $100 so i figured I couldnt go wrong!

Mr. Bill likes this.
  7. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Wow! Congrats on the steal! ;)

8. Click Here!

9. dienerman

So, once again I got another steal! Before that, i will update on the last tank. I just sealed it today and am planning on putting in a center brace. There is a chip that came out of a bottom corner so the whole thing could be a total loss if it prevents sealing it properly. It was only $100 so not a big loss if it does not work. Anyway, today I got a 125 gal tank and stand with a 30 gal sump, CPR overflow box, 48 inch 4 spot T5 light, two WP25s and a Mag 9.5 pump with extra impeller for $200! The 125 will be the sump for the 220 and i will probably use the T5s for the sump. I think I'm addicted to craigslist!

10. nvladik

nvladik Flamingo Tongue

That's a nice deal, congrats. I am also addicted, I check CL daily!

11. dienerman

Some day my wife is gonna figure things out and Im on big trouble! You can only hide so many 6 ft long tanks!!! :D

12. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

As long as you keep them in he shed outback and warn her about roaches, insects and rats you might be ok LOL. I also look on craigslist all the time. Some amazing deals are to be found there.