All-Glass MegaFlow Aquariums

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 5, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

not sure I really understand.  You shouldn't clear the overflow wall.
    Take a look at the pic on page one and my pic on page two

Jason

2. Click Here!

3. Scoffer

Scoffer Banned

Wow!!! thanks crazy man.
    Thats the prettiest thing Ive seen in a while! Great tank!

The picture :

http://www.3reef.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=jakets/tank_062604_Left.JPG

shows my return nozzle type setup. How it goes over the over flow wall on the right side of it. My tube leading up to the right angle was too short, so the 90` fitting wouldn't clear the top of the panel....A good bit to short too....

Instructions said 18 3/4" length, but I think mine need atleast 19".

Made a lot of work out of a very simple setup.

Also, I had to trim the bottom length of my standpipe. Its real thick, 1" bulkhead, so plenty of water flow, but at the lowest adjustment was only about 1" from top of overflow panel. It would rise, but just wouldn't go low enought to me...I took off an inch or so from the bottom, and now I have plenty of adjustment length.

But Im not really complaining, just trying to help out anyone else trying to install one maybe for the first time.

:)

Scoffer

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I'm sorry I didn't clue in there. I though you were talking about your over flow pipe. Not your return. Oh man that's a bummer you cut it too short.

J

6. Scoffer

Scoffer Banned

Yeah, took a little extra work to make that right...but its all good now.

Now I have to make a piece of work to install a ball valve to control the flow of the big pump and a check vlave in the return line to stop the backflow.....

thanks guys!!

Scoffer

7. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

My 210 is an AGA Modern series with dual megaflows. I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with the design and the customer service dept. I do have 2 mild "negative" comments. Whoever applied the Cherry stain did a sloppy job. On the other hand when I called CS they sent me a bottle of stain and the problem was rapidly fixed. Great service! 2nd the hood only has 5" of room. I can't fit my old 2 x 250 mh and will need to get some very thin ones to fit. The thinnest I've been able to find are 3.5" tall and after hanging will only leave me 1". If I elect to add them, it's going to add a lot of heat to the tank. It would have been nice if the hood was about 3" taller. Oh, it's very quiet and easy to adjust. The only noise coming off the tank is from the pumps.

8. Click Here!

9. Jetholes

Jetholes Plankton

I am getting ready to setup my 65 gal FO. What is the max flow I can expect from the one Megaflow. AGA says 600gph - I dont beleive it. The LFS sold me a rio 2100, but I want more circulation than this will give at 5 ft.

Curious as to what pump you would suggest and what gph I could expect.

10. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

I seem to be getting an honest 600 gph per megaflow. I'd have to look it up, but don't think you will get 600 gph at 5' with a 2100. Maybe a 2800. I've had a bunch of Rio's. They seem to be a mixed bag.

11. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Jetholes, I recently purchased a rio hyerflow 12 pump rated at 630gph at 4' head pressure and 540gph at 6'.  It is quiet and efficient at 40watts.  It uses a turbine type impeller.  If you go with a standard rio pump make sure it is a Rio Plus 2800.  The Rio plus pumps have an improved impeller design and dont freeze up when restarting after a power outtage.  I have a Rio 1400 plus pump running my Remora Pro skimmer and am very happy with it.  
    Marine depot carries the Rio plus pumps and www.reefgeeks.com carries the Rio hyperflow line.

12. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Thanks for the great info. RAVEN!