All-Glass MegaFlow Aquariums

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 5, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Thanks Randy!  We appreciate your help.

Especially the forwarding on of our great customer service suggestions! LOL - Wink!

2. Click Here!

3. Big_R

Big_R Plankton

I am always happy to help...or pass on suggestions. I think most of the concerns mentioned here have already been addressed.

R

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Hey Big_R Thank you so much for responding on 3Reef I know how hard it can be to respond to Forums like this.
    I do have a question (Feel free to PM Me if you prefer I go through the help e-mail)
    I would like to increase the flow through the overflow but I end up getting major burping at the exit into the sump. I have tried to add additional air tubing down the stand pipe, also tried to T off the exit to allow air to escape and I've added a filter bag to disperse the air all of these have not helped.
    I'm wondering if the build up of air is due to the wrong hight of the stand pipe or am I just maxing out the overflows abilities. I'm running a MAG 950 and I've had to close down the output of the pump by 1/2.
    Unfortunately I have the unit that required cutting to 14 3/4 " for the 75G hight. and by the way I did receive instructions with my unit.

Any help would be great

Thanks
    Jason

5. Big_R

Big_R Plankton

Jason,

That problem is typically from the drain tube being too short and/or going straight down into the sump. Adding a bend, loop, or just some extra length will usually solve the problem. If you send me your address, I'll mail you one of the adjustable height standpipes. For whatever reason, these seem to reduce drain noise in these situations.

R

6. Jason McKenzie

Thanks so much Randy. I have PMed you my address. I hope Canada is OK

Jason

7. Big_R

Big_R Plankton

Canada, oh forget it then. ;)

R

8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

Hey Randy I just received my Adjustable stand pipe. Very cool. The additional width part is very interesting.
    I will let everyone know my thoughts. But first wanted to Thank Randy for going above and beyond on this one. If he is any indication (and I know he is) of the level of support at AGA then I will recommend there product to anyone. you have a loyal customer here.

J

10. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

11. Big_R

Big_R Plankton

You are welcome. I hope it helps w/ your noise problem.

R

12. Scoffer

Scoffer Banned

Well, I installed my AGA overflow kit for my 75e tank, and to be quite honest, the instructions are a bit wrong I think. It stated for me to cut the return pipe to 18 3/4" for my tank. This made the return pipe too short to clear the overflow panel inside the tank. I had to remove the bulkhead fitting ( all was glued by this time) and cut the return pipe in half, and add a pipe connector, in order to give me the extra heighth I needed to clear the overflow wall.

Has anyone else had this problem? After building the thing, I now have the knowledge to build the second corrrectly, but as a newbie to the setup, I think the instructions were, aggravatingly incorrect.

just hope this helps the next newb!!

Scoffer