All-Glass MegaFlow Aquariums

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 5, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Looks like All-Glass stuck the their overflows off the back center, widened them and stuck a durso in there to create a 'MegaFlow.'

What do you think?

(Info is not on their web site yet, if you find any please post.)

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

iT ROCKS. you can also just oder the "derso" mod for a corner overflow. I asked my LFS to bring one in to test it on my corner overflow. I'm hoping it works because currently I just can't get enough return flow.

That tank will definately be my next upgrade (many years down the road)

J

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

What's interesting and got people talking about this is the fact that they used the Durso mod.

The intake is taken from a design that Richard Durso came up with and posted on the internet:

http://www.rl180reef.com/pages/standpipe/standpipe_frame.htm

I noticed some people on RC saying Richard should sue AGA for stealing his design. But the fact is Richard posted on his site how to make it and really has been giving it away for years.

Plus he never spent the $10,000 or so to get a patent. (Yes, patents are very expensive - I've looked into it.)

[smiley=deal2.gif]

So legally I'm afraid - I am not a lawyer, could be wrong - AGA didn't have to say a thing to Richard and from what I heard, they didn't. And they may have patented it themselves. :-/

LIVE AND LEARN.

5. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

I am using the durso (megaflow) kit in my all glass 90 overflow. it works well is a little noisey but not bad in the living room. I did write all glass today for tips on quieting it down and will post if they work. Anyone out there with any advice?

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Please do Phil5613 I would love to get as much info as possible

J

7. Phil5613

Well suprise suprise I wasn't thrilled with All Glass's response. it was as usefull as lips on a chicken. rather then "tech support" I got to hear how great his tank was and tips that already are known. Here is the cut and pasted letter:
    Phil,
    Not sure how much quieter it can get?? I have the Mega-Flow standpipe on a single twin-flow overflow 180 at home w/ a Mag2400 running and it is silent. I will say we have noticed that on the early, non adjustable height version standpipes, we've had a few people complain about surging. This can usually be eliminated simply by keeping the drain hose above your filter.

Let me know if you need any further help,

Randy Ritzow

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That is a lame.  ::) Oops. Not the best customer service.

WHat is adjustable on your setup? Durso's have an airhose or a hole near the top of the pipe for air control I think... what does the AGA have?

[smiley=vulcan.gif]

10. Phil5613

The all glass has an air hole but no way to adjust it. The air hole looks sorta like a nipple where an airline tube would fit but none was included and there are not any instructions anywhere on how the adjustment might be made

11. Phil5613

Also the adjustable height is that you cut the intake and return standpipes to the correct height.

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Try attaching some airline to it. Use a lot and coil it up and hide it around there. Don't let it hang and create a siphon. ;) I think I read once that a lot of hose helped with Dursos.