AIO Tanks

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by BobB, Feb 3, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BobB

BobB Plankton

I am having some trouble picking out an AIO tank. What brand would you recommend? I recently sold my 70G cube tank stand and all the equipment.Hopefully this spring I will get back into the swing of things again but I want to check things out now.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

The Nuvo seems to be the hot tank on the market currently in the away of AIO nanos.

Innovative Marine

Personally if I was going to get another AIO the JBJ frag system would be right up my alley.

Do you want rimless, led, what size?

4. BobB

BobB Plankton

I would rather have a rimless tank in the area of 39g with led's

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I've been nothing but happy with Innovative Marine's products, but I'm sure I would be equally as happy with many of the others as well. I would steer clear of CADLights however as I had nothing but problems with their products in many cases.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  6. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

ya add me to the list for the Nuvo. Great tank.. wife has the 38Gal. I also have a red sea 130d which is good but like the Nuvo much more.

7. Flying Turkey

Flying Turkey Astrea Snail

While not exactly a AIO system, I just picked up this SC Aquariums 50 gallon rimless cube with stand, 26 gallon sump, protein skimmer, return pump and all the plumbing for $589 delivered. I got it on Ebay and they are selling them both on Ebay and off their website. If you order on the website they nail you with $200 shipping! http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SC-Aqua...332?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8af2930c

For the money, I think the 50g cube is a better deal than the IM 38 or the JBJ 45RL, both of which I was considering. The 50g cube is 24"x24" so the footprint is similar. The increased water volume makes for more stable water chemistry.

Since I saved $200 on shipping, I can now purchase this LED lighting: LUMENTEK PRO 120 - Reef Radiance

Something to consider!

8. Click Here!

9. sstewartss

sstewartss Plankton

I don't think you will be disappointed with the lumentek. I purchased the 240 pro, but am still waiting to get my hands on it. It seems to have great features.

10. abus500

abus500 Plankton

I have the Red Sea Max 250, and to be honest, I am quite frustrated with the tank. Lots of issues, and all the money I am pumping into getting the tank set up correctly, I really regret the purchase.

Issues:
    - Heat issues from pump and light (added chiller) +$600
    - Skimmer Pump failed after 2 months, LFS told me to contact Red Sea, Red Sea tells me to contact the LFS I bought it from. No support, so bought a new pump on amazon. +$125
    - Skimmer is super finicky requiring tuning 2~3 times a day. Bought a new hang on back skimmer until i build sump/fuge. Reef Octopus BH2000. Modified to work on tank (extend inlet and outlet pipe) and now, I dont have to mess with it and skims consistently. +$240
    -Bubble in glass, distorts view. (not much I can do about that)
    -Circulation pumps and wave makers - $550
    -Misc. stuff - $750

I am at a point where I feel I may sell it at a loss and buy a new tank since it would be cheaper...

Also, Red Sea Max introduced the C-250 which supposedly fixes the skimmer problem, but I don't trust it.

On a positive, I have set up 2 other tanks, not all in ones, but works PERFECTLY!
    1. Marineland 27gal cube (petsmart for $100, came with glass canopy, stand and a double bright light.) Got the Currentusa Orbit Marine, added an overflow and built a 15g custom sump. skimmer CPR (will change soon) Solid and no issues with the set up. Total set up cost on the cube so far, including rock and sand but no fish, about $400
    2. 175g tank, stand, maxspec razr, sump, vortech, etc.etc. total cost was about $2000 in equipment, before livestock.

11. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

I'm in the Nuvo club. Up and running 2 months and completely satisfied.

12. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Love my Nuvo 8, but the 8 watt Skyye light is a joke.

A Nuvo 30 run on a Apex with a Kessil A360W would be the bees knees.