AI users help needed

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by arthur, Jul 4, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. arthur

arthur Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have a 2 26 AIHydra. Bought that light few months ago. I keep tweaking % of colors and still not sure... What is the best combination % wise to bring the best of our Corals with that light? Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

so I literally just got a Hydra 26 this week and I am running the uv and the other blue channels at about 60, red and green at 18, and cool white at 21-25. You have the hydra so you know that with the HD you can max color scales with power from other channels. I am going to increase these settings over time so I don't fry my corals. That being said, I love the lights options and my corals are already responding positively. Go slow on ramping up, these things put out some serious power!

DSC reef and Mr. Bill like this.
  4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

+ 1.

You shouldn't be tweaking on the higher end- corals are sensitive to changes in lighting, especially sharp increases. Start low, then bump them up slowly over a few weeks.

5. arthur

arthur Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have them for like 4 months. I'm still with Blues at 60 and Whites only 21. I have a lot of SPS. I'd like to hear suggestions about best % to bring all great colors. I'm little disappointed so far. Can't find perfect set up.....working on it...

6. insanereefer420

insanereefer420 Fire Worm

Try setting one of the presets and working from there. Thats what i did with my ai primes. Indont have anythimg in it uet but i like the coloration it has given me. I started at 17500k wanted some blue loom but i still like the white as well.

Zissou likes this.