A Visit to Planet Archon

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 4, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I found myself camped out at the Digital Aquatics Reef-A-Palooza booth for some time taking in the Archon - another crazy powerful aquarium controller on the way with a quad-core Linux processor, 4GB memory and built-in no-need-to-buy-a-module WiFi. You have to like it. The Archon is strong in the usual controller way with a six port switch box, 4 PWM dimming ports, 4 module ports and pH probe, etc. But it is all that power along with the no-holds-barred open-source attitude - down to the CSS of the web app - that gives the Archon some real punch. And forget 7 day history limits, you could keep a years worth of data simply with a cheapo memory stick. Coming soon for $549.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Check out their new doser module!

[​IMG]

Limitless possibilities
    Archon uses a Linux-based operating framework running open-source code, giving more advanced users the ability to modify their system however they wish. If that’s a little too technical, no worries – Archon is already configured to monitor and control 100 modules, with future expandability to run up to an astounding 255 separate modules.

What can Archon do for you?
    Archon gives you the ability to fully automate your home aquarium, greatly reducing the time needed for daily maintenance tasks and providing better peace of mind when you’re on the road.
    – Multiple selectable inputs for pH and/or ORP
    – 4 bus ports for connection to Archon modules
    – 4 individual 0-5/0-10V outputs for lighting and dimmable ballasts
    – 6 ports for switch inputs or triggers
    – 4 ports for PWM dimming control for LED lighting
    – Built-in programming and firmware updating via USB
    – Full compatibility with existing Digital Aquatics modules

More:
    http://www.digitalaquatics.com/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    MarineDepot likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

I like the built in wifi... and I love the selectable 5 or 10 volt output. The ability to do pwm and 5-10 volts at the same time, out of the box, is pretty impressive.

Dosing pump is way cool as well.

If I was still running an older controller or didn't have one, I would be heavily tempted instead of the Apex.
    Will have to get some hands on a final product before I could say for sure.

MarineDepot likes this.
  4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Thanks for posting the price. I had looked everywhere for that last week.

MarineDepot and Matt Rogers like this.