55 gallon led help

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by pecco22, Oct 10, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pecco22

pecco22 Peppermint Shrimp

I'm looking for a new light. Currently have t5 lights but one of the banks is out so I'm down one bulb. I want an led light that will handle soft corral....mushrroms. things of that nature. Possible and anemone later on. However I can't break the bank. Any help would be great. There seems to be tons of leds.....but don't want junk

2. Click Here!

3. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

4. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Im probably going to get blasted for this post (and i may deserve it) but i have 3 of the "chinese black boxes" over my 180 gallon tank. I have had zero problems with them for the past year and everything in my tank is happy. I am well aware that they will fail at some point but for $50 a pieceI won't cry when it happens. They are not as aesthetically pleasing as the Radions I had before but i have not seen a change in coral growth. I just put them on a simple timer and let them go.

5. Reuben Gunderson

Reuben Gunderson Plankton

hi there, i recently started a build for my 55 gallon. I built my own Led set up using the canopy that came with the tank , you can check my build over here. http://www.3reef.com/threads/new-he...-tank-stand-build-also-some-questions.162077/
    I cant answer on how well my set up does as im still in the process of setting the tank up and this is my first salt tank entirely.
    But if you have any questions on building your own setup i could definitely help out. This was qty 50 of the 3 watt bridgelux LEDs running on 4 different drivers and installed on a massive heat sink . Total cost was probably around 200$.