3W Bridgelux LED's

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by Nvizn, Nov 7, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

I've successfully located all that you've suggested, with the exception of the red 630nm. How about 4 x 660's?

2. Click Here!

3. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

I've having troubles finding the 630nm, reds. Is that the correct spectrum? Thanks in advance.

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I think you'll be fine with the 4 660's I don't think either spectrum is much better for growth, but those are more for aesthetics I believe, for the color pop, reefbreeders, feel free to correct me on this, but that's what I heard from another led company.

5. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Most likely. This is the same for the ATI Purple Plus. However, I do want to insure that it's not too much red.

6. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

I prefer 660s, or a mix of 630s and 660s. 660s hit a growth spike on the head, but too much will overwhelm some corals, so it is usually just for color pop. I am experimenting with some corals under all reds, so far I have a mushroom that sprouted 2 heads, and a monti cap acclimating to the light, a stick bleached out after growing 1/8" in a week.

7. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Thanks for the input! I'm assuming stock, 120 degree optics?

8. Click Here!

9. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

I'm having some troubles with the second fixture. I swapped out all but UV's on the first fixture and had a similar issue that I'm having with the second. All was working fine and as soon as I put the fixture together, the LED's faintly light. After a few minutes and leaving it on, they began working fine on the first fixture. I only replaced 5 led's in the second, 4 red's and 1 blue, and it's doing the same as the first. I the fixture was on and being tested up until 30 seconds prior to putting the case back together (in which I turned off the switch and unplugged to put the case back together). In addition to this unusual scenario with the white side (faintly lite), the blue side isn't powering at all. The fans are on, but no light. Possible grounding issue? If I place my finger on one of the led's on the white side, they become slightly brighter. Any insight is greatly appreciated! Otherwise, I'll be purchasing a new fixture.

10. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Issue resolved.

The white returned just as the previous fixture.

For the blues: Even though none of the blue side LED's were replaced, for some reason, one went bad while replacing others on the white side. I diagnosed by apply power from the white to test each LED and found the breakdown. Once this LED was replaced, blue began working.

11. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

Strange, not 100% on the source you got the diodes from, sound like you overheated them with your soldering iron.

12. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Quite likely.