3W Bridgelux LED's

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by Nvizn, Nov 7, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Hopefully you can steer me in the right direction. I have 2 x 120w Tao Tronic LED fixture's that include only the blue & white spectrum's. I'm seriously considering swapping some of the LED's out in hopes to make some overall improvements. However, I'm unsure where to purchase swappable replacements for a perfect fit in the fixture. Any ideas? If you sell the LED's individually, please let me know how to proceed with doing so. I appreciate the assistance.

2. Click Here!

3. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

You might want to keep the fixture "stock" and look into DIY supplement lighting. For example you adhere black anodized heatsink to the side of your current fixture with CREE Leds. I know you mentioned Bridgelux but personally I'v used CREE with success.

Heatsinks: Heatsinks - 1.4" Width - Black Anodized - Rapid LED

4. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

It is relatively simple to add colored diodes. I would add 2 630nm reds, 2 660nm reds, 2 520nm greens, 4 470nm blues, and 4 420nm violets to the white channel. in each fixture.

5. cookesfish

cookesfish Astrea Snail

you may need to look at the drivers. I fried a whole string of led's cuz I ran too much power through them. I did a diy led fixture and the uv's cyans and greens all ran at different mah's. The blues and whites were the highest.

6. Reef Breeders

That is not the case here, you likely ran yours at 1000ma+, well beyond the tolerance of bridgelux LEDs.

7. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Excellent! Thanks for the suggestion. However, do you know where I can purchase them?

8. Click Here!

9. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

10. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

11. Reef Breeders

You can get them at LEDgroupbuy.com, or aquastyle LEDs, you just have to remove them from the star. Bridgelux diodes are much larger than crees, so be sure you buy that brand.

12. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Awesome, thanks so much! I know who to go to if I have any other questions. =)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012