3reef to give away PLS-50 Elite Skimmer

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Jul 1, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

This August we will give away the newest PLS-50 Nano Skimmers from Cad Lights Aquariums, the PLS-50 Elite. The Elite is an aggressive design completely ditching the traditional skimmer base with a side-mount that will work in sumps and inside aquariums. It is an interesting design choice. On one hand it makes vertical adjustments much easier by simply loosening a thumb screw to adjust. This is kind of brilliant and means you don't have to adjust sump water levels or make any more DIY platforms. But possibly on the other hand, you may have a skimmer that tends to lean or that looses vertical height. Stay tuned for a hands-on review. With easy adjustments via a tension lock, the new PLS-50 has great potential.

[​IMG]

New PLS-50 Elite
    Welcome to the Cutting edge of protein skimming! From the success of the original PLS-50, we have set forth to re-imagine and re-invent everything so we can make it better. First we started by combining features only reserved for large full sized skimmers and seeing how we can fit it into a Nano body such as Bubble-plate, Air injection venturi, 2-way air silencer, 100% Cell-cast construction, True Pin-wheel and of course our ultra space saving Patented Pipeless designed controls. The finished product was the original PLS-50. Building on the breakthrough PLS-50 design, we sought to improve, redesign, push everything to the max again to see what can make it all better. Our end result is the new PLS-50 Elite.

2014 Cad Lights PLS-50 Elite Skimmer Specs

• Footprint: 3.25” x 3.25”
    • Speed: Air draw: 187 LPH
    • Aquarium capacity: One size fits all from 5G up to 60G
    • 100% High quality Cell-Cast acrylic
    • Professional TIA protein skimmer pumps
    • Superior skimming power designed to be Nano in size

[​IMG]

I am excited to test the PLS-50 Elite. When I reviewed the original PLS-50 I was impressed with the skimmate production in such a small skimmer (it has a 3.25" x 3.25" footprint!). After an extended testing period, I did find the skimmer difficult to hold adjustments. The versions since have addressed this issue so I look forward to seeing the improvement first-hand.

3reef review to follow. We will give away this skimmer in August.

More info:
    http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=56&products_id=289

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    MarineDepot, DustyE and Billme like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

Can't wait to see this in action and really excited to have a chance to win this jewel..

Matt Rogers likes this.
  4. BoB123

BoB123 Spaghetti Worm

That would be cool in an aio.

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I got just the build for this guy!

Matt Rogers likes this.
  6. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

how do you win it? Dont see rules

7. Matt Rogers