Zoos closed all day!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by NanoMano, Nov 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

I have a few types of zoos that are all fine, one was munched by a nudi but i got him, and there was very minimal damage. however one has been closed for a few days one r two polyps on it opened yesterday for a few hours, they dont appear to have pox or anything that I can see... theyre just closed... any concerns?

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Keep looking for and treating for nudis. Otherwise give them time and make sure they are in good flow and medium light.

4. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

no more nudis. keeping an eye out for eggs though.. so they should be ok hey? I mean there is no signs of dying or anything they still look healthy, just closed

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

They can get pretty grumpy and stay closed for a little while until fully acclimated to your tank.

6. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

its been like a month though lol

7. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

Not to seem like an ass, but you have conflicting posts in this thread. So, is it a couple of days or a month? If it's a couple of days, then nothing to worry about. Almost a month, and I would expect them to start melting away to nothing.

8. Click Here!

9. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

no I have had them for a month I said. but they have been closed for a few days.

10. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

Ok, I see now. Well like I said, if they've been closed for a few days, I wouldn't be too concerned. I've seen all my Zoas/Palys close up at one time or another, and remained closed for as long as a week. Not sure why they closed, but they always eventually opened up again.