Zoo question please advise!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Los1980, Jul 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

+1 sostoudt, the ammonia imo is a die off effect.

2. Click Here!

3. Los1980

Los1980 Purple Spiny Lobster

not that I am aware of...just the heater is in the tank and a small pump for my HOB reactor

4. Doratus

Doratus Teardrop Maxima Clam

Your lighting can also cause stay voltage. Might be something to look into. They sell voltage meters for about 15 bucks at the hardware store.

5. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I've searched every topic I can possibly think of about zoo's stretching out like that and every time I get answers about them shrinking back because of poor water conditions, seems nobody has any answers as to why they would stretch out like that but if you ask me they are trying to run away from something they are not happy with.

I really hope you find out what's causing this strange predicament but in the mean time I'll keep at the goog site and do what I can.

GL

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Zoanthids, palys, mushroom, ricordia all stretch up like than when seeking more light.

7. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Of everything I've looked into it seems Corrailline has the best answer so far, if it helps you Los, do a search on "Zoanthids in low lighting". I found lots of info with on the subject that sounds like what you are dealing with. As for the mass Die-off, that remains a mystery. Sorry for the loss.

8. Click Here!

9. fishdoctors96

fishdoctors96 Astrea Snail

if you do a 40 % change thats too much change about 15 - 20 % every other week and it could be an ammonia spike that killed your fish soo buy a bacteria suppliment so you keep your ammonia and nitrite down.