Zoo Hitchhicker ID.

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by zoo 4 life, Jan 7, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

Hello, I bought some silver Xenia from my LFS, and I noticed that when I got it home it had some Zoo hitchhikers. Anybody have any idea what they are? They are responding well to my tank as are the Xenia. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Not a rare polyp, it may color up a bit.

4. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Just a regular zoa. I don't know that name of it though. Sorry. It will be fun anyways lol.

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

fire and ice it looks like. If you have good lights and decent nutrients it will have a deep blue center and red outside

6. RichardinMa

RichardinMa Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

+1

I have that same one and it is really nice once it colors back up. One of the coolest things about zoanthids is seeing what they do in your tank after a couple months. Get some high powered actinic LEDs on them and you will never think of them the same way again!

7. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Stunner strips have pretty good reviews and would most likely replace your PC supplimation.

8. Click Here!

9. zoo 4 life

Thanks, I was thinking about adding more actinic supplementation, the LED's I have on there right now don't really seem to have a great deal (3 LED's X 3Watts) I added a night light which I run 24/7 but that still isn't much. The Zoo's grow very slow in this tank compared with the 55 gal with MH/T5 combination. Thanks again! I will keep you posted when they start growing out! (should be somewhere between 3 months- the end of time)

10. zoo 4 life

I think they are "Brooklyn reef's blue people eaters" or some similar morph. They are doing well as is the Xenia.

11. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

I seriously doubt that, they looked like bleached fire and ice if anything. Prove me wrong though, under actinics who knows?